IT’S LONELY BEING GOD





It’s lonely being God
Alone with your Thoughts,
dreaming.
Creatures by myriads
on planet grains swept by oceans
of form: writhing, rising and falling
in rhythm of time,
moving.
Not knowing whence they come
nor whither they go,
just living
and dying
and, every so often,
oddly enough, even
loving.

It’s fun to experience
the fruit of awareness
grown out of seeds of
simple existence;
to taste, to touch, to see,
to hear and smell
the life you’ve created.
But it’s so hard to find
someone to share your joys,
who understands that toys
are to play with
and not to stay with
forever.

God sends forth this prayer
hoping you and I will receive
and regard it:
"Dear Figments of My Own Imagination,
I wish you’d get out of my Mind
and make me your Friend.”




11.II.77

Popular Posts